Nanango, South Burnett Area
Ringsfield House was built in 1908 for Mr and Mrs James William Davies Graham. It was designed by noted Queensland Architect Robin Dods and is distinguished by its wide verandahs, bay windows, large, airy bedrooms and built in cupboards.
Ringsfield has enjoyed four lives so far! From 1908 till 1942 it was the private home of the Graham and Sullivan families. In 1942, the house became the Ringsfield Maternity Hospital. During the hospital’s 28 year history, between 3,000 and 4,000 babies were born here prior to the hospital finally closing in 1970. By 1973 the house was occupied again as a lifeline refuge and continued in this capacity for a further 20 years. Finally in 1992 the then Nanango Shire Council determined that Ringsfield should be restored as a museum and historical centre.
Today, Ringsfield is an active community museum offering displays, art and crafts, and catering for small functions. As the headquarters of the Nanango Historical Society, it is a repository for historical photographs and archives. Also within the precinct is a replica coach house, cream shed, slab shepherd's hut, the town's original Presbyterian Church and Nanango's oldest surviving building - the State School built in 1866.
Note: Information on listed products and services are provided by the operator and were correct at the time of publishing. Rates are indicative based on the minimum and maximum available prices of products and services. Please visit the operator’s website for further information. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (AUD).