Queensland's peanut capital Kingaroy remembered its WWI heroes by erecting a silver domed band rotunda set in a park. The establishment of the soldier's memorial park had commenced in 1921, after the land had been donated by Mr Youngman. The stone of remembrance was unveiled on ANZAC Day 1922, by Sergeant Norman Booth, a serving member of the Australian Army and local RSL president.
ANZAC commemorations were held at the stone of remembrance for the next 10 years. Its design echoes those of Sir Edwin Lutyns whose works are better recognised in England. He was one of three principal architects appointed for the Imperial War Graves Commission, involved in many monuments to commemorate the British Empire's war dead.
Kingaroy residents wanted a further memorial that would function as an attraction in the park, so the concept of a memorial rotunda was conceived. Gallipoli hero Sir Thomas (Bill) Glasgow was there to dedicate the rotunda on 29 June 1932. Constructed of concrete, eight classical columns support a frieze beneath the domed roof. The frieze carries the names of the theatres of WWI conflict: Gallipoli, France, Cocos Island, Egypt, New Guinea, Sinai and Belgium. 'Gallipoli' is inscribed over the main red steps.