The Museum is housed in what was Kingaroy's Power House from 1925 to 1952, which is now part of the Kingaroy Information, Art and Heritage Precinct.
The main focus of the museum is the history of the peanut industry. This is depicted by the collection of agricultural machinery showing the ingenuity and inventiveness of the local farmers and tradesmen. Machinery for growing peanuts was not available in the early 1920's so a farmer invented his own. The first being a bicycle powered thresher built in 1909, then an American made wheat thresher was converted by a local farmer to thresh peanuts. In the late 1920's Mr Harry Young designed and built his very own dinosaur - a stationary peanut thresher.
These machines are on display in the Museum along with other prototypes of peanut harvesting machinery designed and built by local inventors. Some of their ideas are still in use today.