Maryborough’s modern Excelsior Band Hall replaces the earlier hall destroyed by fire in 1987. It was designed in Victorian Style to compliment the precinct. The design choice also commemorates the length of time to which bands have added to the spirit and vitality of public occasions. Directly in front of the Band Hall is the George Ambrose White Car park, which was the site of the city’s first in-ground public baths opened in 1906.
On the last Sunday morning of every month, enjoy live brass band performances alongside the building in the Rotunda in Queens Park.