Maryborough, Fraser Coast Area
Featured on Maryborough's Walk and Drive Tour. Built circa 1918, the Maryborough Branch of the Waterside Workers Federation used this heritage listed timber building with its unusual recessed doorway as a meeting place and centre for members. This building, built in Wharf Street was used until 1963 and saw the last work performed by the Maryborough Waterside Workers.
Afterwards this the building was used as a training centre for weightlifters and rehearsals for bands. The building is now used for storage.