Maryborough, Fraser Coast Area
Walkers built their first ships for the Government in 1887. They were the "Bonito, Stingaree, Pumba, Bream and the Dolphin". This memorial was built to represent the bow of a ship and was dedicated in 1993. It features the names of ships built for The Royal Australian Navy by Walkers Shipyards from 1940 to 1974 during which time 37 ships were launched into the Mary River.
In 1993, a RAN personnel memorial was dedicated at a Combined Ships Reunion, commemorating all Naval ships built by Walkers of Maryborough and their personnel.