Tambo, Blackall-Tambo Area
The EE Parr O.B.E Park is located in the middle of the Tambo township and is a pleasant stopping point for travellers, especially those travelling with children.
The park is well appointed with picnic tables, a large barbecue, gazebo, enclosed children's play ground, skate park and a half court basketball court. The expansive lawns and gardens are well shaded by established trees.
The park is a memorial to one of Tambo's longest serving shire councillors and benefactors, Ernest Edwin Parr OBE who is remembered for his philanthropy to the people of western Queensland, especially the children.
In 1958, Ernie Parr donated 5,000 pounds to Council along with land on which to build a swimming pool for the town. The extra block was developed into a park which was named after Ernest Edwin Parr to celebrate his friendship, encouragement, support and loyalty of the Tambo Community. The year 2000 saw the construction of a new swimming pool in a new location and the park was extended to incorporate the old pool area. The park has become a focal point for community events as well as being a beautiful rest stop for the travelling public.