There are islands, and then there are the 74 Islands of the Whitsundays, sitting pretty in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Oh, and did we mention one of the world’s best beaches – Whitehaven Beach – is here too?
Welcome to paradise
There’s #nofilter required when you’ve got spectacular natural landscapes like this.
- Take to the air for the must-have travel snap – flying over iconic Heart Reef.
- Live in the lap of luxury on One&Only Hayman Island or Qualia on Hamilton Island, feed the stingrays on Daydream Island, swing in a hammock on Long Island or play a round of golf on Dent Island
- Explore the lesser-known Whitsunday Coast beaches of Cannonvale, Bowen and Cape Gloucester.
We are sailing (and snorkelling and diving)
Don your sunglasses and step aboard your own private charter yacht or join a day trip to sail or cruise your way around the Whitsunday Islands.
- Snorkel or dive amongst the wonderland that is the World Heritage Listed Great Barrier Reef and camp under the stars on a reef pontoon.
- Jump in a glass-bottom boat for a peek below or hop between islands and dive into the warm water at every anchorage.
Islands don’t have all the fun
On the mainland, Airlie Beach has you covered if you’re looking for palm trees, outdoor markets, a sparkling lagoon, boardwalk walking trails, and alfresco restaurants, bars and nightclubs aplenty.
- Head to Hideaway Bay to watch the sunset with a plate of fresh seafood and cold drink in hand.
- Hike through the rainforest and cool off under the Cedar Creek Falls.
- Join a crocodile-spotting safari on the Proserpine River, fish for barramundi, or just gorge yourself silly on the tropical delights of a Bowen Mango.